This is not just another ordinary books reviews..
These are the books that I find enjoyable to read & being a book geek..
I will be flattered if u check them out..
It's up to u,of course..I'm not forcing anyone..
My fav type of books are the funny ones & also da ones that seem like memoirs..
The first book is 'The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13&3quarter' by Sue Townsend
This book is mainly about a teenage guy named Adrian Mole who lives in UK & it is written like a diary 2 make da readers feel close to da main character(i think).It is a really hilarious book with the brit humour & how Adrian deal with his life and da people around him..always got me laughing in stitches.
Dis is da second book of da series 'Adrian Mole=The Cappuccino Years'
Dis time,Adrian is his middle 20s..he got married & divorced..trying to get a decent job to support his family & yet,still very funny..
Dis is da last book of da series(if I'm not mistaken),'Adrian Mole and The Weapon of Mass Destruction'
He is already in his 30s & above..still trying to survive but,caught up in a love triangle..Thank goodness,the humour is still there..Da ending?I will not tell u.. =P
Let us go 2 da more serious type of books=
'The Bonesetter's Daughter' by Amy Tan
2 tell da truth,I forgot how da story goes coz I read it a long time ago.In a nutshell,it is a memoir of a person..being told in a mesmerizing way..
'The Kitchen God's Wife' by Amy Tan
A daughter learned about her mother's past after an incident occured.Totally beautiful 'mother-daughter' story..
'Snow Flower and The Secret Fan' by Lisa See
A story of life between two different girls whose lives are entwine bcoz of a footbinding ritual.A good book to learn more about China in da old days AND footbinding..
'Memoirs Of A Geisha' by Arthur Golden
What can I say?The best memoir of all time..unless u have been living in a cave 4 all dis time,u should at least know what dis book is all about.
'The Rice Mother' by Rani Manicka
Da writer manage to capture da essence of Malaysia during da Japanese occupation & Communist ruling through da eyes of an indian family dat goes on for 3 generations..Totally enchanting..Seriously,if u r a Malaysian,u should check it out..
Well,dats all i guess..
Currently,I'm reading 'Spud The Madness Continues' by John Van De Ruit
So far,it is an awesome & hilarious book but,the jokes are a bit racist..
Sooo,enjoy reading folks!








2 comments:
did u read all of these??
To ayan=
Yup.. ;)
Post a Comment