Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Father Like No Other.. =')


Based on the posts on fb, I can conclude that today is Father's Day. Hey, don't get me wrong. It is not that I don't care about Father's Day, I love and care for my dad every single day that sometimes, Father's Day kinda slipped my mind.
So, a father. The first male figure that we know as soon as we are alive. There are some fathers that don't interact much with their children and I am thankful that my dad is not like that.
My dad plays a huge impact in my life. Plus, thanks to him, my interest in music, anime, manga, movies, and books started at a very early age.

I remembered when I was in kindergarten, he took me to watch Star Wars at our local cineplex(no longer exist unfortunately) In my polka dot dress and short length hair, I held his fingers as we entered the cineplex. That's where I get to know C3PO and R2D2. Not to mention the sound of Darth Vader's breathing and clashing light sabers. Although I understood little at that time, I know that I am interested in Star Wars and found them fascinating. My dad bought me a toy necklace with C3PO's head as the locket and I still keep it. Only C3PO's head though. Since then, I love animation and sci-fi movies.

Then, there's a memory where my dad was cleaning the house and he put on a Michael Jackson's Blame it On The Boogie music video on television. I was young too at that time and I believed it was even before I entered kindergarten. He was singing the song and imitating MJ while vacuuming the floor and me, being an easily amused child, laughed at his antics. He began to put on more songs and I learned the names of Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston, Kool and The Gang, Anita Baker, Tina Turner..etc. And probably trying to make sure I have a strong grasp on the oldies/music, he always questioned me everytime we listened to the radio. He will ask "Who sing this song?" and "What other song does this singer also sings?". My dad love the current songs too and he will always ask me the title of some songs he heard on the radio. He will also recommends songs to me which he finds nice.

My dad loves reading and probably because of that, he have many cupboards fill with comic books and story books. He proudly displays them at our home and  most of my friends were flabbergasted to know the owner of the books. My friends thought they were mine. LOL.  He encouraged us to collect comics and story books. Thus, my brother and I have our own bookshelves filled with our own book collection. I began to love manga and books because of him. And knowing my love for it, he bought me a graphic novel for my birthday. A gift that I proudly display on my bookshelves. So precious.

Alas, there are many more things that my dad had taught me which can't be explain by writing. He is the pillar of strength in our family. The person that calms everyone when we felt disturbed. The person that will crack jokes to light a smile on our face when the times are rough. The person with a great sense of direction to make sure we don't get lost when we go on a trip. The person that will give his children some junk food behind their mother's back to spoil them. The person who would do anything for his family to make sure they live comfortably.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy. I will always love you. I am forever your little girl. ;)

No comments: