Saturday, February 20, 2010

This is a story of a...

I dunno to whom she belongs to but,she showed up one day at our porch..
Looking at us intently with her newborn kittens..
We tried to talk to her but, she spat at us..
We tried to touch her but, she scratched us..
We tried to play with her kittens but, she growled at us..

"Fine.."
We thought to ourselves.

However,my mum..being the gentlest heart..
Fed her with our leftovers..
She was reluctant to accept them at first..
But,
Gradually she ate them..

Not long after that,
The kittens disappeared.
Dunno where they went..

But,

She was still there..
She was no longer the cat that used to spat, scratch and growl at us..
She purrs,
She mews,
She roll on her back,
She brush against our legs..

She felt loved I guess..
And we, in turn, love her back..

Sometimes,
We got carried away..
And forget that,
She is NOT our pet cat.
She is a STRAY cat.
And she is free to go where ever she please..

I wish she is our pet but,
Due to some reasons..
We can't keep her.

I noticed,
When she is around..
We felt safe.
We felt protected.

Looking at her green eyes..
Make us feel calm.
Stroking her soft fur..
Make us feel our frustration slip away.
Entertained by her antics..
Make us feel the world is not so bad after all.

She come to see us everyday..
And we always look forward to her visits..
She make our porch feels livelier i guess..

One day..
She disappeared.

Just like dat..
She's gone.

We waited.
Days turns to weeks,
Weeks turns to months..

Its time for us to accept the reality.
She's never coming back.

We lost something precious that day..
Why God sent us a cat that took our heart away and then,
Take it back.
I never know..

But I do know that,
Eventhough my family is trying to stay cool..
They miss her..
I miss her.

Good bye, Ember..
Thanx 4 coming into our life.
Even it is just for a while..










P/s: Very busy rite now.
Need some Brompton Cocktail.

2 comments:

clah said...

waahh! so cute.
cat itu pasti sedeyh bace ini.

Bfirst said...

To syila=

Tau xper..Heheh.. ;)
Kalo la Ember bleh bc kn bagus..
Huhu..