-Whitney Houston. (1963-2012)-
Alas..another favourite singer of mine has succumbed to death. Why do singers like to do drugs? Sigh..first is Michael Jackson. And now, is Whitney Houston. What's next? Anita Baker?? (please ignore my denial outburst)
Can't help it that I am upset. I grow up with the oldies. While most of my friends are crooning to Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus etc.(I have nothing against them,mind you) I sing my heart out to Chaka Khan, Karen Carpenter, Barbra Streisand..and the list goes on. There's a lot of memories regarding Whitney Houston to me. I never have the chance to meet her in person but, her songs are always a part of my life. For examples=
- Some of my friends and I tried to sing the high note in 'I Will Always Love You' and we snickered bcoz we failed at it miserably.
- There's one student during my foundation period who sang 'I Have Nothing' for the audition of some kind of Talent show. And I heard he sang well.
- One of my roommates love her songs so, she sometimes play and sing it loud in our room using her laptop.( you know who you are.. ;P)
- My mum love 'Greatest Love of All' and always request me to sing it for her. Plus, the song is so inspirational. Makes me feel spirited after hearing it.
- My dad sometimes hum to her songs in the car.
- My brother has a few songs of her in his mp3.
- I tuned in to Lite.fm & the station never fail playing one of her songs in a day.
Actually there's a lot but, I only list the significant ones.
So, I guess I just end this tribute post with the MV's some of her songs.
AND, this is my most favourite video of her singing live. Full of emotions in her voice. Raw emotions.
*R.I.P Whitney Houston. :(

No comments:
Post a Comment