The Court
What I have learnt cannot be found in books. I saw the harsh reality of crime. There's even sorrow in it, especially when you see the parents of the accused kissing their children who were handcuffed. Then, there were also accused who were children, sobbing & crying on the floor when their sentenced being read. I am not gonna lie, it takes a lot of strength to sit through the court proceedings without shedding some tears.
I learned about court procedures. I met lawyers and judges. They were truly a professional in their work. And did not mind to spare some time with us to give us tips and words of wisdom about the legal profession. Not to mention, there are also friendly interpretaters that patiently tell us anything we ask about law and trials that were going on at the moment. We were truly grateful for the knowledge they gave us.
And I also learned about my attachment mates. I felt guilty for judging some of them badly at first due to false rumours that I have heard. They turned out to be the nicest people ever. We all bonded & it felt like we were siblings. Since there were 7 of us, our personalities strike out differently. There's the quiet one, the funny one, the nagging one, the excited one, the endearing one, the wise one and the motherly one. Despite all that, we managed to cooperate and be as one. Through them, I learned what YOLO is all about. Heh. The crazy things we did, the outrageous stories we shared, the silly antics we showed and the all-the-time laughter that echoes. It was truly an experience that worth putting in any 'tonighttt-we-were-young' album. I'm proud and touched to say, after a month we spent together, I think our relationship has become closer.
I think I just summarize my internship experience in one sentence: It's not just about Law, It's also about friendship. =')
-UiTM Attachment Students( February 2013)-

No comments:
Post a Comment